To promote patient safety
by providing leadership
and innovation in
To work in conjunction with the Department of Health, the RCN, Thrombosis UK and the VTE nursing and midwifery leads from the Exemplar Centres:
- to raise awareness of the problem of VTE nationally among the public, patients and clinicians.
- to promote strategies to assist with the implementation of VTE risk assessment and thromboprophylaxis in all hospitalised patients.
- to advocate and disseminate evidence-based practice in VTE prevention, in line with NICE guideline 89 (2018), VTE prevention in all hospitalised patients.
- to share practical guidance on audit to meet with NICE (2010) VTE Quality Standards.
- to provide a resource for multi-centre nursing research to be conducted.
- to provide a resource for nurses and midwives questions to be answered relating to VTE prevention.